100 Side Hustles: You’ve set your financial goals for 2022—and making money and saving money are both at the top of your list of New Year’s resolutions. To make your vision a reality, you’re ready to hustle—or side hustle, you should say—since one of the fastest ways to make more money is by starting an income-building side hustle that you manage in addition to your regular work routine.
So whether you want to learn easy ways to make money online or are looking for the best side hustle ideas for 2022 that’ll help you earn extra cash quickly, these 100 side hustle ideas for 2022 will help you find the best part-job times that fit your already-busy schedule. Many side hustle ideas can be done online and from home, others might require you leave the house—either way, there are enough ideas below to ensure there is at least one that fits your situation.
100 Best Side Hustle Ideas
2. Sell items on Etsy. Make handmade goods from home that you can sell on Etsy, like knit hats or custom embroidered handkerchiefs, for some extra cash.
3. Write an e-book. Writing a self-published e-book to sell on Amazon is among one of the more common side hustle ideas, particularly for bloggers or those with existing communities.
4. Sell online workshops. If you’re an expert in your field or have some other valuable life lessons to teach others, turn your expertise into a side hustle and sell online courses or workshops online.
5. Rent out your parking space. “Did you know that you can make money by renting out your car parking space?” posts @biglifeplan. “Yep! People pay money each month to use your car parking space. Another perk of the sharing economy. If you have a car parking space you’re not using, try websites such as Daft or ParkPNP to make passive income each month for very little effort.”
6. Rent out a spare room. Whether you list your space on Airbnb or simply consider getting a roommate to sign a year-long lease that’ll offset your mortgage, becoming a landlord is one of the most lucrative side hustle ideas out there.
7. Refurbish and re-sell used furniture. Buy cool pieces at a thrift store and make them look better than ever with a coat of paint or some new drawer pulls. You can even get gently used pieces off the side of the road for a lower start-up cost.
8. Teach music lessons. If you know how to play the piano or strum a guitar, get involved with a local music group or connect with other band parents at school so you can start hawking your services as a virtual music tutor.
9. Become a virtual assistant. With the workforce becoming increasingly more remote, lots of big companies and high-up executives are hiring virtual assistants to outsource administrative responsibilities to. If you have the right skills, this type of part-time side hustle could be an easy way to make more money in 2022 while staying at home.
10. Assemble IKEA and Amazon furniture. Some people hate putting this stuff together so much that they’ll pay you to do it!
11. Sell handmade items on Etsy. Just starting your Etsy business is a step!
12. Monetize your Instagram account. Creating engaging content and using strategic hashtags can help you build a booming following on social media. Once you have upwards of 10k followers, you can start making money by monetizing posts and taking on advertisers.
13. Be a tour guide. If you live in a touristy destination, you can start a local tour guide company as your new side hustle.
14. Become an Uber or Lyft driver.
15. Mow lawns. Just print out fliers and drop them off in people’s mailboxes and you’re on your way to building a lawn mowing business as your side hustle.
16. Babysit. List your services on a site like Care.com or simply start spreading the word amongst your friends. With rates around $10-15 in most areas, you can start earning cash quickly.
17. Start an alterations business. If you have great sewing skills, you can start an alterations side hustle from your own home simply using word of mouth recommendations.
18. Become a party planner. Parents are wondering how to host birthday parties during the COVID pandemic, looking for virtual kid birthday party ideas and more. Think about becoming a virtual party planner to help Zoom celebrations go off without a hitch!
19. Create worksheets or templates. Whether it’s a geometry study guide or a financial planning worksheet, you can charge a small fee per download and operate this side hustle completely from home!
20. Do makeup for special events. Make extra money by doing people’s makeup before big events.
21. Go freelance. Whatever job you do now, try doing a few extra hours of it in a freelance capacity each week for some extra income.
22. Write and edit resumes. If you’re in HR or a hiring manager in your day job, your resume writing and editing advice is something people will pay for! Post fliers around the local college’s campus to recruit new business.
23. Sell digital designs. For a low-maintenance side hustle idea, create digital designs—like holiday card templates, printable art or resume designs—to sell online at sites like Etsy.
24. Start consulting. No matter what field you’re in, there’s a part of your skill set that is totally “sell-able”—it’s just up to you to make the most of it.
25. Teach yoga. Once you’re a certified yoga teacher, you can make extra money by working as a part-time teacher.
26. Become a handyman-for-hire. If you’re especially handy, you can sell your time and expertise by being a house-call handyman who can help out with random jobs around the house, like patching dry wall or unclogging a drain.
27. Rent out storage space. Have a lot of under-utilized storage space available–whether it’s a shed in your backyard or a bonus room in your home? Make money off of it by renting it out for a small monthly fee.
28. Be a DJ. With a laptop and a few good speakers, anyone can start a DJ side hustle business.
29. Sell handmade soaps. Buy a soap making kit at your local craft store and create sweet-scented bars of soap to sell for profit.
30. Host Tupperware parties. Or Mary Kay parties or any of the like. Most companies will pay you a commission for each sale you receive.
31. Become a travel agent. Many people are looking for COVID-safe vacations to take, so make that your speciality.
32. Buy and sell domain names. You can buy up domain names rather cheaply, build them up a bit and then sell them for profit as a fully-remote side hustle.
33. Edit videos. If you’re a whiz with digital editing software, you can start a video editing side hustle and sell your services to local businesses.
34. Work for Amazon Flex. You can sign up to deliver packages with Amazon Flex and make upwards of $18 an hour.
35. Sell unwanted products on Facebook Marketplace. “If you have unwanted products or clothing around the house take a picture, decide on a price, list your items, share your items with friends and earn money. I recently sold 3 things in one week and made $85,” says Kumiko Love, Founder of The Budget Mom.
36. Donate plasma. If you meet their medical criteria, many clinics will pay you for donating your plasma—which you can do about twice a week. While it’s one of the weirder side hustle ideas on this list, it’s a unique way to earn some consistent cash.
37. Start a cleaning business. Charge an hourly or project-based rate for cleaning people’s homes. The best part about this side hustle idea is that it doesn’t cost much to get it up and running, and you can keep scaling it month after month!
38. Rent out your specialty gear. Whether you have a heavy-duty pressure washer or a set of skis and poles, you can list your gear for rent to make some extra cash on the side.
39. Become a wedding planner. If you have the right skills and contacts, starting a wedding planning side hustle can be a lucrative business idea for 2022.
40. Sell used goods on eBay. Rather than donating or tossing old items, like that outdated light fixture you replaced in the dining room, try selling them on eBay first (or alternatives like Mercari app). You never know who might be in the market for a vintage find!
41. Design and sell t-shirts. Create cool t-shirt designs for your local sports team or high school and get them screen printed in bulk to sell around town.
42. Become a referee. Local parks and recreation centers hire refs to make calls during little league games and the like.
43. Get paid to take online surveys. Believe it or not, but you can make an extra hundred or so dollars a month simply by taking surveys or watching videos online.
44. Build a subscription box business. Whether you love picking the perfect beauty products or have a knack for putting together the best snack boxes, you can create and sell your own custom subscription boxes online using a site like CrateJoy for some extra income.
45. Drive for Uber Eats. Delivering food via a service like Uber Eats is an easy side hustle idea for those craving a flexible schedule.
46. Sell customized products you can DIY using a Cricut. You can customize just about anything easily with the help of the Cricut smart cutting machine, from candles, centerpieces, party invitations, totes, wall art, and so much more, which could blossom into a booming side hustle idea in no time.
47. Start a moving company. With the help of a truck and a few strong friends, you can start booking moving jobs. Within a few months, you can build up a good reputation locally and create a profitable side hustle.
48. Sell photos. Whether you take portrait-style pics for your friends at church or license them through a photo-sharing website, you can use your photography skills and nice camera to earn a little extra dough.
49. Shovel snow. If you live in an especially snowy areas, starting a snow shoveling service in your neighborhood could get you business—and extra cash—fast!
50. Get a real estate license. “Due to the many moving parts, players, money and legalities involved in buying and selling homes, competitive real estate agents most often are in it full-time,” explain Jen and Josh Horner, Realtors at RE/MAX Utah. “But, if you decide to secure your real estate license and devote your time to making real estate strictly a side hustle, it can be a one that can produce a nice stream of income on the side.” Just make sure you evaluate startup costs and the number of transactions you would have to close to not just break even, but to actually profit, they caution. “Do the numbers work? Do you have the patience, dedication and a strong network to tap? If so, then real estate just might be a serious side hustle for you to entertain,” they say.
51. Transcribe interviews. Sites like Transcribe Anywhere will pay you to transcribe audio recordings. Set your own schedule, so you can work as much or as little as you like!
52. Stage houses. Have an eye for interior design? Staging homes for a small fee could be an enjoyable side hustle idea for you! Get started by networking with realtors and listing agents in your area.
53. Sell advertising space on your vehicle. You can make money by selling ad space on your car—how cool is that?! If you live in a highly populated area and spend a decent amount of time driving, selling advertising space on your vehicle, using a site like Wrapify, could make a great side hustle for 2022.
54. Become a wedding officiant for hire. You can get ordained online and earn a few hundred dollars for each wedding you officiate!
55. Work as a personal trainer. Charge your friends $10 a workout to put some extra dough in your wallet.
56. Try peer-to-peer lending. Peer-to-peer money lending websites, like Lending Club, help you make money off of your savings. You can invest funds for others to borrow and they pay the interest directly to you.
57. Join Kango. Kango is a ride-sharing and childcare app where you can create your own flexible side hustle schedule. Plus, you get to work with kids!
58. Start a part-time pet-sitting business. When it comes to picking the best side hustle idea, “I’d start with things that feel natural or pique your interest,” suggests Ashley Feinstein Gerstly, founder of The Fiscal Femme, “because this will be something you’re doing in addition to your current workload. For example, if you love animals, you might enjoy pet sitting while people are away traveling,” she suggests.
59. Sell your graphic design skills online. “If you love design, you might help people with graphic design,” suggests Ashley Feinstein Gerstly, founder of The Fiscal Femme, by starting a graphic design side hustle. Build a personal website to show off your skills to potential clients, or simply list your services on a site like Fiverr.
60. Host a weekly car wash. In warmer months, set up shop every Saturday at a busy grocery store so folks know where to find you. Promise to have their car washed and ready by the time they leave the store to build repeat business.
61. Sell baked goods. Set up a booth at your local farmer’s market and sell freshly baked goods as a fun side hustle idea.
62. Clean windows. This is one of those dirty jobs that is relatively easy to do—as long as you have a big enough ladder—but that most people would rather hire someone to do for them, making it a good side hustle option.
63. Become a mystery shopper. Signing up to become a mystery shopper on sites like Bestmark is one of the most fun side hustle ideas out there. Not only can you make a bit of extra cash on the side, it come with a lot of cool perks—like free dinners.
64. Prepare people’s tax returns. During the tax filing season, companies will hire extra tax prep help to keep up with demand.
65. Become a sign spinner. Many businesses still hire people to hold signs at busy intersections for an hourly rate.
66. Start a house painting company. Assemble a team of experienced painters who can help you knock out any painting jobs you book.
67. Edit college admission essays. Get paid to proofread and edit college entrance essays for graduating high school seniors.
68. Become a personal shopper. If you’ve got great fashion sense, there’s a good chance someone you know would hire you for a bit of helpful shopping advice.
69. Fund your invention on Kickstarter. Start a Kickstarter page and your cool side hustle idea could start making you money in no time!
70. Join Rent-a-Friend. Yes, you read that right. Rent-a-Friend let’s you set your rate as a “rentable friend” (nothing dirty, we promise!) to join as your plus one to a social event or even just to show you around town.
71. Start a blog. While this won’t start making you money instantly, with time, good SEO practices and a dedicated following, you can turn a blog into a profitable side hustle in 2022.
72. Manage a company’s social media pages. If you have any experience planning Instagram content or running a Facebook page, selling your social media management skills could be a good way to earn some extra income.
73. Get a part-time delivery job. Companies like FedEx and UPS hire seasonal help, which can be a great temporary side hustle.
74. Sell snacks to coworkers. Keep a fully stocked snack bin in the company’s kitchenette and uses the honor system to charge $1 per package. You’ll earn extra income and bonus points from your coworkers at the same time!
75. Become a house sitter. Not only is house sitting a fun and relaxing way to make money, if you’re able to do it often enough, you could save yourself some money on rent, too.
76. Tutor students. Whether you’re a pro at math or got a great score on your LSATs, you can make a pretty penny when you start tutoring as your side hustle.
77. Join a clinical trial. Some medical centers will pay you to participate in clinical studies should you meet the specific qualifications of their current trial.
78. Pick up people’s trash. Some companies will hire you to keep their parking lots clean and free of trash.
79. Start a laundry service. If you’re living in an area where in-home washer and dryers are rare, you can make a killing by starting a wash-n-fold laundry delivery service side hustle.
80. Work with seniors. Get hired as extra help for the elderly. If you have a nursing degree, you can earn a lot! And even if you don’t, you can provide useful services like assistance grocery shopping or cleaning the house.
81. Sell goods on Amazon Handmade. Similar to Etsy, but with Amazon’s signature accessibility, you can become a seller on Amazon Handmade and sell your hand-crafted items for cash.
82. Become a virtual bookkeeper. Different than a personal assistant—and no accounting degree required—you can keep track of expenses for small businesses as a side hustle idea.
83. Teach a cooking class. If you’ve got great kitchen skills, try hosting a class in your home and charging $10-$15 a person to cover supplies and your time.
84. Transcribe YouTube videos. Creators of YouTube and other video content will hire you to transcribe the audio, so it can be uploaded along with their visuals. Depending on how fast of a typer you are, you can make a lot of money with this side hustle idea.
85. Become a celebrity impersonator. If you have a costume that’ll let you dress up like someone famous—say Elvis, Obama or one of the Disney princesses, for example—you can sell your services on sites like Fiverr for some extra income.
86. Become a life coach. One of the easiest ways to start your own side hustle in 2022 is to sell your time and expertise. As a life coach, you can do just that by using your real-life experiences to help coach clients in need of guidance and support.
87. Start a house call grooming service. With a few supplies and a can-do attitude, you can start a pet grooming service that makes house calls as your side hustle.
88. Cook or do meal prep. There are so many ways to turn a cooking or baking hobby into a side hustle. For example, “If you love to cook, start working as a private chef or offering to meal prep for people,” says Ashley Feinstein Gerstly, founder of The Fiscal Femme.
89. Help people shop on Curated. Curated makes it possible for avid sports and outdoor hobbyists to make extra money by helping shoppers with customized gear and product recommendations—from cycling to boating to golfing and more.
91. Join InstaCart. Make money on InstaCart by signing up to do other people’s grocery shopping for them. Thanks to the pandemic, you’ll be in high demand.
92. Become a notary. State notary licenses typically cost about $100, and you can quickly start earning money by selling your notary services.
93. Host garage sales for friends and family. Start by selling your own stuff. Then, to turn it into a true side hustle, offer to manage yard sales for your friends and family for a portion of the proceeds.
94. Test websites for cash. Websites like User Testing let you earn up to $60 a test for looking over websites and giving your feedback.
95. Open a food stand. Set up a table or booth at the park and sell your homemade meals for cash.
96. Start a calligraphy business. With a bit of practice, you can earn around $5 an envelope!
97. Create a podcast. You can charge a small fee for downloads!
98. Become a brand ambassador. The perfect side hustle idea for people living on or near a college campus!
99. Get paid to download apps. Sites like Feature Points allow you to make money downloading and using apps in your spare time! This is an easy side hustle idea to execute right from your home.
100. Do data entry. Many offices, such as doctor’s offices, will pay talented typists to accurately digitize handwritten information by adding it to digital databases.